1. How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry through our Website
- in administering and performing any contracts with our partners, suppliers and service providers
- when you contact us via telephone or facsimile
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically)
- while conducting market research surveys
- when you apply to become a shareholder in the Company
- when administering any of our services
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publically available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners. If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name,postal address, email address, phone numbers and, if applicable, employment information. Whereyou do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to respond toyour enquiries, process your application or provide you with requested goods or services.
3. Our purposes for handling your personal information
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be consideredrelevant and reasonable in the circumstances. We collect, hold, use and disclose personalinformation to communicate with you, comply with our legal and regulatory obligations andotherwise to manage our business.
- any external service provider appointed by the Company to administer the Shareholderregister
- printers and other companies for the purpose of preparation and distribution of statementsand for handling mail
- market research companies for the purpose of analysing the Shareholder base and forproduct development and planning
- legal and accounting firms, auditors, contractors, consultants and other advisers for thepurpose of administering, and advising on, the Shares and for associated actions.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
4. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranetsystem, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be locatedoverseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and informationstorage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modificationof personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only thosewho need access to the personal information do their job. Physical, electronic and managerialprocedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personalinformation.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
5. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We therefore like to stay intouch to let stakeholders know about our activities and developments in the dairy industry. We mayalso provide you with information from third parties which may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without yourconsent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You canmake this request by contacting our Company Secretary.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Company Secretary to request access to the personal information that we holdabout you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions whenwe refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access.We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any ofthe personal information we hold about you.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requirescorrection and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with awritten notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within areasonable time.
8. Overseas transfers of personal information
If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliancewith the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries inwhich any overseas recipients are likely to be located. If you do not want us to disclose yourinformation to overseas recipients, please let us know.
9. Resolving personal information concerns
SEA Electric Group
13 Advantage Drive,
Dandenong South, VIC, 3175
Australia T: +61 3 9706 8489
We take all complaints seriously and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
T: 1300 363 992
The last update to this document was Monday 10 September 2019.